Friday, May 30, 2014

Miss MJ's Bedroom Reveal

To finish decorating MJ's room we added Moroccan style mirrors on both sides of the bed. This was one of my favorite finds. I first fell in love with these mirrors on a visit to Pottery Barn Kids. However, they were a bit more than the budget allowed at $159.00 a piece. A few days later I was shopping at Gordman's in Farmington Station and found these look a like mirrors for $19.99 a piece. That's almost $280.00 savings....score!!
 
 
 
 Gordman's
 

Originally I wanted to hang the Moroccan mirrors just slightly above the bedside tables, but my client liked the idea of hanging them higher up to mimic windows in the room. I do like that from their reflections you can see the butterflies around the room. I also added a pink and white butterfly mobile from Pottery Barn Kids to balance out the butterfly theme in the room.

 
For another side table, I purchased this gem from World Market and added a cute mason jar vase, filled with flowers from Michaels.



Next, to brighten up the flooring,  I found this gorgeous Moroccan patterned rug that mimicked the mirrors, at Home Goods. I was having a difficult time fitting the price of a rug into the budget and couldn't pass this baby up for under $60 dollars.



 
 


My client found this darling chandelier, that Miss MJ fell in love with, at Lowes. I think it fits in perfectly.
 
 

This side of the room is complete!! Just a reminder of what it looked like before....
 

My client painted the desk grey and then had art work from MJ's old room that we hung above the desk. We also added a few of her favorite photos, a pink piggy bank and velvet pink desk chair. With so much going on around the room, we wanted to keep this space simple and sweet.

 
 
With a few added accessories to the dresser, the room is complete. 

 
 
Here are the before pictures....
 


 
And here are the after...
 
 


 
Check out Miss MJ's reaction, it's priceless, and by far my most favorite part of this whole process. She also added a sign on her door for the finishing touch.
 





 
Contact me at westcreekdesign@gmail.com if you're interested in my design service.


 












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS