Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Starting Miss MJ's room

I received a call from a former client who wanted me to help her with her daughter's bedroom.

She had purchased a bed, dresser, side table, curtains and a desk,

 
and also wanted to use an expensive duvet cover that she already had,
 
 
but needed my help in pulling it all together on a budget.
 
First, I met with my client to take a look at the bedroom.
 


 
My client had purchase some great items for the room, but it did need a little color and life, to reflect her daughter's personality. I suggested that we start by finding a color scheme that would incorporate the grey duvet color, but also bring in some other colors her daughter loves, to make the room feel bright & fun.
 
 
Once we finalized the color scheme and established the budget, I needed some inspiration from my client's daughter Miss MJ.  MJ loves butterflies. LOVES BUTTERFLIES!! So looking online, I found paper 3D butterflies here on Etsy that became my inspiration for the space.

 
Stay tuned this week as I reveal how we injected color and life into MJ's room.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
COPYRIGHT 2014 WEST CREEK DESIGN

SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS